Gym Membership Sales.
To the average Joe this probably doesn't sound like all that exciting of a career. But I think I really may have found a way to combine my need to support myself and love for fitness! Already, I'm a million times happier than I was IT Consulting. The free membership and ability to watch TV at work are definite perks. Oh and goofing around is typicallll :) Remind me again why I sat in a cube for hours on end?
Partially because of all the transition and partially because of the July 4th holiday... I've been absent in blog world for the past couple weeks. I don't think I'll be going on a true vacation this summer...so I took a stay-cation in DC. I had 7 friends come in from out-of-town, including 3 of my besties. Here I am on the Fourth with my friend since middle school, Melissa. We used to pass notes and giggle at silly boys together...substitute texting for the notes and not much has changed.
On my staycation, I did a bunch of things I never had before...
- Went to a Nats game. Believe it or not this was my first one. Strasberg wasn't pitching and the Mets beat us. This definitely won't be my last this season!
- Hosted a cook out/pool party. Clearly my mom's idea of an All American Fourth has worn off on me :) I made a funfetti cake with homemade cream cheese icing.
- Took the Alexandria Water Taxi to National Harbor
- Watched the Fireworks from National Harbor Sculpture Garden
If you're ever in DC I'd recommend doing ALL of these things!
I also caught up on The Bachelorette. Dear God Kasey must have been an actor. Or mentally insaneeeeeee. I did 18 miles last week. My longest run the week of the Fourth was 5 miles. (A lot of 3 milers happened).
Today I ran 5 miles in 46:56.... that's an average pace of 9:23 min/mi. This was on the treadmill and I think my "comfortable pace" is now around 9:30...I started at that pace and picked it up at the end.
If I'm being honest I need to get serious about the long runs. I need to do an 8 miler REAL SOON. I'm actually scared about how HOTT this Rock n' Roll half might be. I wish I had someone who wanted to go at about a 10 min/mi pace to run with..............
For those of you constantly looking for additions to your running playlist like me:
Got Your Back-- T.I. ft. Keri Hilson
Somehow I forgot this one in my last music post.
Dynamite-- Taio Cruz
MY FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW! This is also the perfect song to dance to with sparklers. I got to do that on Saturday :)
Beamer, Benz, or Bentley--Lloyd Banks
Yeah, I'm a couple months late on how good this is. I can't get enough.
Top Back-- T.I.
All I Do is Win---DJ Khaled (ft. Luda, Snoop, Rick Ross, and T-Pain)
Dead and Gone-- T.I. ft. JT
Guess I'm on a Hip Hop/T.I. Kick...I keep running to all these songs.
Ocean Avenue-- Yellowcard
And in case hip-hop isn't your thing. This randomly shuffled onto my iPod today. GREAT summer song.
I'm Back-- T.I.
How fitting. I'll do my best to catch up on everyone's blogs!!!
Finally, a few shout outs:
- I can't believe it, but I won a $20 Amazon gift card from Run Potato Run! Just for being a follower! She recently started blogging/training and sadly is dealing with a knee injury. I know she could use some of the advice/encouragement I was lucky enough to receive with my IT band injury. So *cough* go to her blog *cough*!
- Get Well Soon Julie! I really cannot stop thinking about what you are going through.