Adam (The Boring Runner) tagged me with The Versatile Blogger Award. Whether he actually thought I deserved it or was running out of contacts who haven't done this yet, I do not know.
However, Thank You.
Because Memorial Day kicked off the unofficial start to summer, rather than play plain old virtual tag, I'm going to play virtual Sharks and Minnows.
I'm obviously the shark.
And the little Minnows I caught include:
Lauren [Bananas and Toast]
Christy [It Just Looks Like Slow Motion]
Allyson [So You Think You Can Run? One Way to Find Out]
Anton [Running on Blisters]
Not Just a Pretty Face
JF [Daily Trainings]
Melissa [Crazy or Determined] <-- When you come back from the blogging break ;) I'm pretty sure none of you have received this award yet. I like your blogs...and I'd love to hear 7 Random Things about you. That's the acceptance speech you're supposed to give when you receive the Versatile Blogger Award.
So without further ado, 7 Random Things about me:
1) I attended James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA and majored in Business Management... What I'm about to be doing career-wise with my life...should be kept on the hush for the time being. [Sorry]. I'll summarize with chasing dreams. And it couldn't be more different than IT consulting! (This photo is with my Grandad. One of my favorite people in the world. He's also hilarious!)
2) I have a younger sister, Laura, who is 22. And a younger brother, John, who is 18. Laura just graduated from Asbury College in Kentucky. She's going to be an Art Teacher. John will be attending The University of Virginia in the Fall. Wa-hoo-wa!
3) Summer is HANDS DOWN my favorite season. I love everything about it. Warm Weather. The Beach. The Pool. Water Parks. Amusement Parks. Long days. Cookouts. Fireflies. Sno Cones. Baseball games. Fireworks. Ice Cream. Concerts. Flip flops. Camping. The Fourth of July. You get the idea.
Here I am at Kings Dominion with one of my best friends from college, Erica.
4) The Office is my favorite show on television...so that made it even cooler when I met Pam (Jenna Fischer) outside the Today Show in 2007. I often use this as my "fun fact about myself" in ice breaker games.
5) I really like College Football...I managed to sneak into OU v. Texas Tech in 2008 when I was in Oklahoma for work. It was The Game of The Week and had record attendance. NBD. I went to the game with my friend Ashley from middle school. She was living in Tulsa at the time.
6) I met Fonzie (Henry Winkler) in the DFW airport in 2008. A March snow storm canceled a ton of flights...his was cancelled too! He told me I had beautiful hair and to have a safe flight!
7) I was on TRL/the screen in Times Square in 2007. Ciara was the guest host...and a show clip I was in was shown on the screen in Times Square. I guess you could say that's my claim to fame!
4 mile run last week in 37:16 (9:19/mi)
Outside 2 miler around my parents neighborhood on Memorial Day
4 mile run today in 38:05 (9:31/mi). Happy National Running Day!