Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hi5!!!!

[I'm obsessed with Hi5's. Here's one from me to you for having good taste in reading material and being awesome! True story: this blog doesn't load on the computers of the non-awesome.]

Last week I meant to do a 4 mile run for my 10% distance increase per week...that didn't happen. I did two 3 mile runs. And a hilly and humid 2.5 mile run outside on Saturday. I feel like I'm forgetting a run in that recap, but it wasn't any longer than 3 miles. Meh.

Tonight I hit the gym knowing I needed to run at least 4 miles. The last time I ran 3 miles I had that feeling "I could have kept going..." just the gym was about to close. Tonight after I was 1 mile in I decided to push it to 5 miles. I completed the run in 48:29. It was one of those runs where you just feel great and want to run forever! Words cannot describe how much I've missed that feeling. I also took the treadmill up to 8.1 at the end... I've missed seeing 8's when "sprinting" to the finish.

The crazy thing is I'm not sure I was running this fast pre-injury. I think I could have probably done it, but wasn't pushing it so hard. Now I've just decided my pace is going to be at least 6.1 when I step on the treadmill (9:50 min/mi) and I'll build my training distance up at that pace. Maybe I'll have to slow down on longer runs, but I hope not. The run tonight averages out to a 9:41 min/mi pace. Um, HELLO first 5 mile run since MARCH!

And now to the real purpose of this blog post: Jamoosh over at Last Mile Lounge is hosting a Thorlo Experia Socks giveaway. I get an extra entry by posting this on my blog. Please note: I only link to contests on blogs I think are worth reading! Last Mile Lounge has got to be one of the funniest running blogs I've stumbled across. If you like beer, ridiculousness, and running what are you waiting for? Go. Laugh. Win socks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang - now there are fingerprints on my computer screen. You got me!

Doh!

Lauren said...

Wow great job! That's so inspiring. Glad you're getting your "running feet" back :D.

Love the high five!

MCM Mama said...

Nice job on the run! Sounds like you are really getting back on track.

And totally LOL at the high five. ;o)

Julie said...

Way to go on the run! The mojo is back and you are taking advantage of it:) Woo hoo!

The Boring Runner said...

That is so awesome about your speed!! It is funny how sometimes a break will reenergize you.