Physically, I'm in shape.
Psychologically, I'm able to keep a glass is half full perspective most of the time. I really think the reason I'm a "positive" person is because of running. I just have all these extra endorphins and this pent up energy that can't help but spill out into other areas of my life.
And, seriously, I've had some cool experiences.
- Pushing myself to both a 10k and Half Marathon distance
- Seeing a proposal while running a 5k in Arlington,Va (That's the only proposal I've seen, thus far in life.)
- Helping my mom go from not running in nearly 20 years to completing a 2 mile race
- Completing the Army 10 Miler with my friend Meghan, who had never raced a 10k or completed 10 miles prior to October 4, 2009.
- And this year I'm going to do a couple "costumed races!"
So on top of trying to improve my splits in 2010, I'm going to try to make a "fitness industry career" happen. Sales specifically. Obviously, no job is perfect. But take another look at the expression of accomplishment on Kara's face. That's the same face someone makes when they reach fitness goals or have a great race. I've made that face a few times in my life. Working in an industry that gives people the opportunity to accomplish great things sounds fun. Now if I can just make it happen in 2010, my parents may go running around with an American flag in celebration.