Sunday, November 30, 2008

4...er...make that 5 miles

Mentally, I needed to run 5 miles today even if Hal said 4 (and that is what I did). I just had too much doubt about the long distances to go another week running less than 5 miles. I'm supposed to be on Week 3 anyway... which would include a 5 mile run.

This week coming up I may do 4 miles for the long run instead of 5, or save this 4 mile run for a "rainy day." I organized my iTunes today. Downloaded more songs I knew I would enjoy running to to keep things interesting.

Gosh I love running. So much. Still not sure how I will get to the point where I can run 10 miles. Duh I can run 6, I've done that. I see 7 as do-able. More than that is a surreal concept at this point. I feel good looking at the plan. You work up to the longer distances by lengthening the "shorter runs" that you do during the week.

I've also decided that I absolutely HAVE to eat healthy. There is no way I'm going to be able to do this if I eat too much junk food. And hydration is key. Right now I'm just drinking before and afer I run, but I think I need to get a suction water bottle that is easier to drink from as I run.

Can I do this? Can I really become a half marathoner? I really hope that I'm one of those people that finishes and says it was fun. I know a couple people who said their half marathon "sucked." They weren't sure if they would ever do it again. I guess it really depends how much you enjoy running...

I have a feeling I don't even know at this point. I haven't run a long enough distance....

No comments: