Friday, November 28, 2008

And then you STAND

I love Rascal Flatts. These lyrics from "Stand" are just one reason why...

Everytime you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place...


Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand


Basically the last week and a half has been awful for me in terms of training (partially why I gave myself extra time and partially why I feel like a failure at the moment.)

In Oklahoma we worked very late each night, until 9:30 P.M. and 10:30 P.M and got up very early. I got one 3 mile run in... and then I went on vacay. Although I was active, running didn't happen. This past week work was very hectic. I was so sleep deprived, and tired, and truely did not have time to work out.

So it is now Black Friday, and I am doing my first run in over a week. I feel like a failure for getting so off track, and it really upsets me. I want to train for this. I refuse to let my career keep me from exercising. Avoiding writing this blog doesn't make it better either...

So if anyone out there is reading my blog struggling to exercise or commit to a distance,
Get up and get back in the race! It's all we can do at this point.
I'm visualizing myself at the finishline now (yes, it does seem surreal at this point). Crazy.

No comments: