Friday, November 28, 2008

My Running Mix -- Week 2

I ran 3 miles today and feel so much better about everything. I do not think I am meant to not exercise. Some people function fine without exercise. I do not. I'm a million times happier when I do. (Yay).

As part of this blog, I want to start sharing songs that I find are GREAT to run to. The funny thing is for me it totally changes based on my mood. If I'm pissed I want to listen to rock, rap, or songs where the artist is angry. If it's gorgeous outside and I'm in a great mood, I can run to anything even if it doesn't have a fast beat. On a sunny day I ran 4 miles to Jimmy Buffet and it was fabulous! And then sometimes I just feel like listening to super girly/pop music. I guess those are my girl power moments?

I'm still in the process of concocting my ULTIMATE running mix (or my standard when I want a mixture of genres). I want to share it now and see how much this changes before the big day.


1. Ready to Run - Dixie Chicks
A good song to ease into a run.

2. Womanizer - Britney Spears
One of my ABSOLUTE favorites at the moment.

3. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
It's very hard to not be in a good mood and listen to this song.

4. Forever - Chris Brown
I'm considering either moving or removing this song. I love it. It makes me want to dance. I think I am tempted to go harder that I should when listening to it. So I should move it for an extra burst of energy at the end. Or save it for dancing.

5. Live Those Songs- Kenny Chesney
One of his more upbeat songs that I've always liked.

6. No Reins - Rascal Flatts
Great song about having freedom, which is the feeling you get when you are running!

7. Night Shift - O.A.R
The first song I heard by O.A.R. back in high school and still one of my absolute favorites by the band. So funny and catchy.

8. Glamorous - Fergie
I don't know why I downloaded the clean version off of iTunes. I think I totally need the uncensored one. I am running after all. This reminds me of when I was on TRL with Emma :-)

9. Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
One of the two songs I would always sing to myself (and to my mom) before I had an iPod. "Whooah, were half way there" (the perfect thing to sing at your halfway point. Which eventually this will be close to halfway of a long distance.)

10. Brown Eyed Girl - Jimmy Buffett
Jimmy makes me happy.

11. Fins - Jimmy Buffett
And if I start playing Jimmy Buffett I have to hear more than one of his songs.

(I believe it kind of stops there at this point. I start with Avril on a different run)

12. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
Another one of my ABSOLUTE favorites to workout to. I discovered how great this song goes with exercise in a spinning class at JMU. And it reminds me of... that time I was on TRL.

13. Jessie's Girl- Rick Springfield
Love it.

14. All Summer Long - The Rock Heroes
Mmm... this is working for now, could easily see this one being nixed as I continue training.

15. Red High Heels - Kellie Pickler
Another great girl power song.

16. If You're Going Through Hell - Rodney Atkins
The second song I would always sing in my head and to my mom as we were running. I like the song, and at times it couldn't be more appropriate.... ;)

17. See You Again - Miley Cyrus
Another song that wouldn't be my first choice in the car, but I LOVE running to it.

18. Rock 'n Roll All Nite - Kiss
I'm all about changing things up. This is appropriate after Miley and it's a classic.

19. HEY HEY BABY - Swingin' Medallions
I'm RANDOM. Yes this IS that song that bands ALWAYS play at football games.

20. Summer Girls - LFO
Um.. well this song is interesting. I like the lengthy lyrics.

21. Hey Girl - O.A.R.
A pretty long song which is a plus when running.

22. Piece of Me - Britney Spears
Yay more Britney! What girl doesn't enjoy working out to her?

23. These Are My People - Rodney Atkins
Lots of lyrics to keep me entertained.

24. Keg in the Closet - Kenny Chesney
Very appropriate and sets the mood if college football is on TV. It's also fast paced.

So, we'll see how much this changes by the spring. I'm bound to get sick of some.

No comments: